How does Green Plants for Green Buildings communicate the aesthetic, economic and wellbeing benefits of nature in the built environment?
Your GPGB support make possible:
- Our status as an education provider with the USGBC, BOMI, AIA, ASID, ASLA, and 14 Canadian professional associations.
- Our Registered Trainer program, empowering supporters to become a green resource in their key markets. Architects, designers, green builders and building managers can fulfill their CEU requirements by attending one of GPGB’s content rich presentations taught by GPGB Registered Trainers.
- Greenplantsforgreenbuildings.org, a website resource filled with news, research, case studies, and a page with contact info for all GPGB Registered Trainers.
- An active social media campaign communicating the value of plants in the built environment.
- Leveraging our green network by collaborating with other industry organizations working to put plants in every room, such as the Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association (FNGLA), AmericanHort, Plantscape Institute of America (PIA), PLANET, and international groups such as New Zealand’s Plants at Work Association (PAWA), Australia’s National Interior Plantscape Association (NIPA), Canada’s Landscape Ontario, and many other allied trades.
- Educating at vital conferences for plant specifiers, acting as a liaison, and reporting to GPGB supporters feedback from specifiers and end-users. Only through your support have we built credibility and a long-term presence at such shows for the International Facility Management Association (IFMA), Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) and the USGBC Expo.
- Advocacy efforts, including extensive submissions to LEED and the IgCC during the Public Open Comment Periods to persuade them to include plant installations as a credit for their certifications.
- Development of marketing products such as Alive! This brochure’s gorgeous photography and along with compelling testimonials from architects and designers express the value of plants in the built environment. It is available only to supporters.