BIOPHILIA & HEALING ENVIRONMENTS
- Why we should be living in “living” houses
- What do light, color, gravity, and fractals have to do with our well-being?
- Eight points of the biophilic effect
- What kind of design triggers healing?
- Modern architecture tells an incomplete story
- What do historic buildings say about our connection to the natural world?
- Why do we create ornament to mimic nature?
- Cognitive rules for ornament
- Modernist minimalism and our relationship with our buildings
- The importance of listening to lessons from nature
- Why we hug the edge of open spaces
- Patterns that determine path
Nikos A. Salingaros, PhD, The University of Texas at San Antonio, Department of Mathematics
Introduction by Catherine O. Ryan, Terrapin Bright Green