At Green Plants for Green Buildings (GPGB), we value your trust. We want you to know how we collect, use, share and protect information about you.
What Information is Collected?
We collect information, including when you:
- Purchase, order, return, exchange or request information about our products or becoming a supporter on our website.
- Connect with GPGB on social media platforms
- Visit our website
- Use a social media service, for example, GPGB’s Facebook
- Sign up for e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications from GPGB
- Respond to one of our surveys
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information required by law (for example, pseudoephedrine or age-restricted purchases)
- Provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input
Types of information we collect include:
- Your name
- Your mailing address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone (or mobile) number
- Your drivers’ license number
- Your credit/debit card number
- Your purchase/return/exchange information
- Your registry event information
Information Collected Online
In order to provide the best experience possible, we also use this information for reporting and analysis purposes, such as how you are shopping our website, performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
The help function of your browser should contain instructions to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your computer to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services cannot be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the greenplantsforgreenbuildings.org features. You may also make your cookie anonymous for analysis and reporting purposes.
Here are some important things you should know about your greenplantsforgreenbuildings.org cookie:
- In the future, if you clear this cookie (or if you clear all your cookies) your preference to have greenplantsforgreenbuildings.org not use your cookie for reporting and analysis purposes will be disabled. To reinstate your anonymous cookie status for reporting and analysis purposes, simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and opt out again.
- If you use more than one browser, such as Firefox and Internet Explorer, or if you use more than one computer to access the Internet, you will have to opt out on each browser and on each computer.
We partner with third-party vendors to deliver advertisements about our products and services when you visit other websites across the Internet. These vendors place third party cookies which help us provide you with advertisements that are customized to your particular product preferences and improve the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To opt out of third-party vendor’s cookies on other websites, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
Information from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from companies that can enhance our existing supporter information to improve the accuracy and add to the information we have about our guests (for example, adding address information). This may improve our ability to contact you and improve the relevancy of our marketing by providing information that we think will interest you.
Any information you submit in a public forum (e.g. a blog, chat room, or social network) can be read, collected, or used by us and others, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
How is this Information Used?
Examples of how we use your information include:
Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, donations, returns/exchanges, or requests for information, or to otherwise serve you
- Provide services such as Registered Trainers classes
- Administer contests
Our Marketing Purposes
- Deliver newsletters, receipt messages, e-mails, and mobile messages
- Send marketing communications and other information regarding products and services
- Administer promotions
- Improve the effectiveness of our website, mobile experience, and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis, including surveys
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our supporters and our association
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas
How is this Information Shared?
We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, e-mail, mobile marketing, or data enhancement provider) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
We may disclose information you provide to us when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our association, our supporters or others.
Elsewhere at Your Direction
At your direction or request, we may share your information. For example, if you become a supporter and elect to make it available to the public, your information will be accessible on our website, mobile or social applications.
Sharing with Other Companies (for their marketing purposes)
We may share information with other organizations which are not part of GPGB. These organizations may use the information we share to provide special offers and opportunities to you.
If some or all of our business assets are sold or transferred, we generally would transfer the corresponding information regarding our guests. We also may retain a copy of that guest information.
What Choices Do You Have?
If you do not wish to receive promotional mail, contact us at email@example.com or call 800-347-9014 to opt out.
If you do not wish to receive promotional telephone calls, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-347-9014 to opt out. This opt out does not apply to operational phone calls, for example, confirmation of delivery address.
If you do not wish to receive e-mails from us, contact us at email@example.com or call 800-347-9014 to opt out. You may still receive select e-mails from us if you have requested them. You can discontinue these e-mails by canceling your request.
You also have the ability to unsubscribe to promotional e-mails via the opt out link included in each e-mail.
Sharing with Other Companies (for their marketing purposes)
If you do not wish us to share information with other associations or companies (for their marketing purposes), contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-347-9014 to opt out.
Under California law, California residents who have an established business relationship with GPGB may opt out of GPGB disclosing personal information about them to third parties for their marketing purposes. Under California law, third parties include members of the GPGB Family. If you do not want GPGB to disclose information to other companies for their marketing purposes and you do not want to receive marketing from GPGB, please call 800-347-9014 to opt out.
How Do You Access and Update Your Information?
In order to keep your information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of your information in the following ways:
- If you have created a greenplantsforgreenbuildings.org account, you can log in and update your account information, including contact, billing, and shipping information.
- Contact us at email@example.com with your current contact information and the information you would like to access. We will provide you the information requested if reasonably available, or will describe the types of information we typically collect.
How is this Information Protected?
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your information. This includes encrypting your credit and debit card number.
“Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through e-mail.
Safe Shopping Guarantee
Our security measures are designed to prevent anyone from stealing and using your credit card number. Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, if your credit card is used without your authorization, your liability for those fraudulent charges cannot exceed $50. If your credit card provider does hold you liable for any part of this $50, we will cover this liability for you, provided the unauthorized use of your credit card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made in our stores or at our website while using the secure server.
Information About Children
We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We are committed to protecting children’s privacy and we comply fully with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-347-9014.
How Do You Contact Green Plants for Green Buildings?
Green Plants for Green Buildings
PO Box 1658
Ukiah, CA 95482
Phone: 800-347-9014. Outside the US 707-467-9417